- Contact Us
Bathtub Refinishing Rules
Bathtub Refinishing: Caring For Your Refinished Tub
Due to the non-porous surface of the finish, there is no need to use abrasive cleansers on refinished bathtubs.
Any household liquid detergent will give excellent results. To remove mineral stains, use a mild acid solution such as a liquid bowl cleaner.
All organic coatings must cure. They start to cure at the time of application and must cure for a total of approximately 30 days.
Top Ten List of Rules For Your Refinished Bathtub:
- DO NOT use the surface for the specified number of days or hours indicated by the refinisher who completed the job.
- DO NOT lay soap or bottles or any objects on the finish at any time!
- DO NOT let a leaky faucet go unrepaired.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleansers. No S-O-S Pads. No Comet. No Soft Scrub.
- DO NOT use loose bath mats with suctions underneath.
- DO NOT pick surface dust off with your finger. Any surface dust will dissipate in 3-4 weeks with normal cleaning and usage.
- The best way to keep your tub clean is to wipe it down with a towel after each use. You don't have to wipe it dry.
- Maintain caulking around the tub.
- Here are some good cleansers to use:
- Lysol Basin and Tile Cleaner
- Mr. Clean